Monday, May 16, 2011

Cheaters..

Well once again, I have been diagnosed with Strep Throat.. Right when Travis is about to leave as well.. Its really concerned me that I can't seem to shake this stupid illness.. So today I decided to start studying our church series Cheaters.. Even though it was originally taught last year, something inside of me, said, Hey! You need to start really paying attention and studying this stuff again, so with that said, or rather thought, I put in the cheaters series, and have decided to really and truly study it, ya know with notes and things like that.. Well today was the beginning of me being more dedicated to my spiritual health!! So I'm going to spend a few hours a day studying, and looking into God's Word.. I hope that this will start with a whole form of dependance and new maturity in God..

So today as I said I started the Cheaters series.. Today's lesson is: God Is NOT Mocked.. So my thoughts on this is, OMG!! (oh my gosh) Since I have re-heard this, its really re-opened my eyes to the seeds that I'm sowing in my life.. Before I begin into these thoughts, I'd like to list the Verses that were involved in the study for today..

Galatians 6:7-9 :
 7-8Don't be misled: No one makes a fool of God. What a person plants, he will harvest. The person who plants selfishness, ignoring the needs of others—ignoring God!—harvests a crop of weeds. All he'll have to show for his life is weeds! But the one who plants in response to God, letting God's Spirit do the growth work in him, harvests a crop of real life, eternal life.
 9-10So let's not allow ourselves to get fatigued doing good. At the right time we will harvest a good crop if we don't give up, or quit. Right now, therefore, every time we get the chance, let us work for the benefit of all, starting with the people closest to us in the community of faith. (The Message)

Deutoronomy 15:16-
16-17 This very day God, your God, commands you to follow these rules and regulations, to live them out with everything you have in you. You've renewed your vows today that God is your God, that you'll live the way he shows you; do what he tells you in the rules, regulations, and commandments; and listen obediently to him.

Psalm 11:5 -
He tests the good and the bad alike;
      if anyone cheats, God's outraged.
   Fail the test and you're out,
      out in a hail of firestones,

Psalm 51:6 -  
4-6 You're the One I've violated, and you've seen
      it all, seen the full extent of my evil.
   You have all the facts before you;
      whatever you decide about me is fair.
   I've been out of
step with you for a long time,
      in the wrong since before I was born.
   What you're after is truth from the inside out.
      Enter me, then; conceive a new, true life.

Leviticus 19:11 -

 11 "Don't steal.
   "Don't lie.
   "Don't deceive anyone.

Okay so those are the verses that were incorporated into todays study.. So with those here and now, I'm going to re-read them, and am going to be blogging about the impact that Today's study is going to create in my day to day life.. I've decided that with each and every lesson that I listen too, and learn about, I'm going to start sowing those seeds of God's truth, and God's wisdom into my day to day life, to enforce his teachings and truth, until it soaks into my heart and soul!!

So they kept asking a question: Where am I cheating? I mean this may sound like a question to laugh at.. It may sound like a question where its like eh.. Who cares? However after reading these verses, it makes ya realize that God is very serious about the cheating thing, and doesn't like it at all.. So since God is serious about this, I need to be as well.. I need to be as serious as rain.. So with that said, lets get back to the question at hand:

Where am I cheating?
Before I give my answer, I need to just remind myself that it means in every area of life: Health, Marriage, Friendships, Work, Education, Etc..
Okay so my answers are this:
Health: I haven't stuck to my diet. I am supposed to have no more than 50 grams of carbs a day, and yet instead I have been eating way over what I'm supposed to be eating. I haven't been exercising, or focusing on learning more about living healthy. So have I been cheating? Yes
Marriage: I have been cheating in my marriage.. I have watched porn videos, and haven't been the wife that God commands me to be. Although I have prayed for help, and wisdom, I have never stuck to the plans or ideas that God has given me to accomplish what he requires of me, as a wife.. Also, I have been more focused on the sexual portion of it, instead of the love portion of it, as God commands.. So have I been cheating? Yes
Money: I have been cheating with our finances.. I haven't tithed, unless I remember, its not an automatic thought or process, although without justifying anything at all, I need to work on this area, as God gives us more and more to be thankful for, I need to give to the church, not for selfish reasons, but instead I need to give because I want to please God, because i love God, and its what he commands.. I'll learn more about the finances portion of Cheating in lesson 3.. So have I been cheating? Yes
Work: I have been working hard, each and every time that I go to work, however, I feel as though I've been cheating because I have been taking it for granted, and instead of looking at my job as a blessing, I've looked at it as a curse, as a burden instead of as a blessing, and a way for us to have abundance, and happiness! So have I been cheating? Yes
Our Futures: Now I know that this is a broad range of things, however, I feel as though I need to put this in there.. I need to start looking at what God has given us as an opportunity to move forward in our futures.. God once put it in my heart to start studying, and to start working on my math skills and instead I've pushed that aside, so I have indeed been cheating in this area as well.. Yes.

So it seems as though I've been cheating in each and every area of my life.. *sigh* Which means that I need to get back on top of my game, and get back to working hard towards our goals and lives.. God gave us the chance and opportunity to improve our lives, and to work harder on these things, to stop from cheating, so I need to do it!! :D So today, I'm going to start writting down a weekly schedule that I'm going to focus on!!! :D :D

No comments:

Post a Comment